Friday, April 24, 2009

Tomato experiment


One growing up and one growing down. I bought a Topsy Turvy from Gardening with Kids so that we could do this experiment. I tried very hard at the store yesterday to find two really healthy Celebrity tomato plants of similar size so the experiment would start out well. I have it set on my calendar for the kids to see how many tomatoes grow on both, how tall they are in 1 month, and then in 3 months, and the size of the largest tomato on each plant. It should be interesting.

Even if we did nothing for homeschool with these plants, they would give us good food to eat. Win/win. ;)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stumbled upon your blog looking for pics of a green bean teepee. I am a mom of 2 and 3 year old boys that we have adopted. I will be using your sandbox idea. Love it. You can check out our blog at rebeccaleegblogspot.com. Looking forward to seeing more of your activities.

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Wonderful to meet you Rebecca! I will head on over to your blog to see what you are up to. :) Thanks for stopping by!

Val

Bran said...

I have been eyeing that topsy turvy and wondering how it works. It's a great idea to compare the two plants!