Thursday, August 27, 2009

This makes me so very sad!


There are a lot of political things that I could spout right now after reading this very sad article... but the biggest thing that I enjoyed about the show is that it showed the love of reading, and the love of learning... and if you keep that alive, you will never have uneducated children. You just won't. You kill the joy of learning and you have the 'problems' we are facing today with our public school systems. I figure my ENTIRE goal in homeschooling is to teach my children to read, and teach them to love learning. Those two things cover every other issue they may have with their 'education' later in life.

And luckily, I have a library that has oh so many episodes of Reading Rainbow on DVD already. :)

1 comment:

Alycia in Va. said...

I didn't know this. I admit though that it's not something we ritually watch...our library has tons on DVD too. Such a shame though becuase their are soo many great books being written that would make awesome episodes.