Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cyan's Knight



Cyan spent quite a long time drawing this knight after class last week. She was so into it that another little friend from class joined in, drawing a 'maiden' at the same time. These lessons... the good ones, they stick in your mind forever. It isn't a cookie cutter education that actually teaches kids. It is one that is real to the child, brought to life by the child's own mind.

I remember so many times in school where I forgot the information unless I was sitting in the classroom where I needed to remember it. I would walk out that door and into my own world, and bring nothing of that class with me... cuz it didn't matter to me at all. I am so glad to see that things are sticking with my children. It isn't always the things we want to stick with them (Cyan still remembers the China Silk Secret because a King wanted silk underwear) but if they have the space to remember this information in, they can go back and access that space, and fill it with as much information as they want anytime they want to!

I just loved seeing her get so into these lessons!

signature

No comments: