Monday, March 23, 2009

Early Ed ~ Montessori for Logan

Logan is not quite big enough for this type of play yet, but I wanted to try it out to see if he could possibly play with the colors. If he really isn't ready, I will give this to a friend of mine who has an 3 year old and I will make another set for Logan in a year or so. I got the idea from here... this lady has some amazing ideas and I thought it would make a good 'unplugged' project for the kids to do as well. These are free paint swatches cut into star shapes. The one is glued on paper, and the other is glued on a clothes pin so the child can match them up. Pure genious for $1.19 in clothes pins. *glee*

The fun star shapes just added charm for me. :)

5 comments:

Shiksa said...

I love this! I am going to do it with Maya for sure!

sarah in the woods said...

I love that you cut them into shapes!

Unknown said...

Yes, the shapes is a great idea! I *wish* I had a good selection of shape cutters. Are they standard size pegs or the little ones?

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

This is great!! Thanks so much for sharing it with me! The shape cutters are a fabulous idea. Can't wait to try this one.

Valerie
www.frugalfamilyfunblog.com

Jerneal Gelfman @NYCKidsbookshop said...

Thanks to Valerie @InnerChildFun for sharing this. Look forward to making this with the kiddos. Thanks so much for sharing.