For the last 4 wks we have been raising our own baby ladybugs. This morning we realized that our bugs were starting to die. We were not sure why, but a quick release into the wild seemed necessary. We wanted to find the best possible place for our little spotted friends so we searched out our most mangled flowers and tried to spot lots of aphids. The daisies and roses were the ones that had the highest population of food for our friends and so that is where we let them go.
They immediately started eating! The kids were out there for quite a while watching them.
Just after we placed them on the flowers, we noticed that there were already ladybug babies there! I think our ladybugs will be pretty happy with the new digs!
It’s great to be a homeschooler!