Sunday, November 9, 2008

Newest conversations with my toddler

"Mama!" as he comes toddling over, and throws himself on my lap face first. I pick him up and set him on my lap.

"What do you need little man?"

"Juice?" Which he pronounces 'jew'

"Nope. Don't have any. It's all gone." I hold my hands up with the 'finished' sign.

"Cocoa?"

"Nope. Do you want to go to bed?"

"No no." with a bit of head shaking to make sure I know he is serious.

"Mama." He says as he sticks his hand inside my shirt.

"What are you doing?" I ask as I remove his hands.

"NO! Mine." He says, hands back in my shirt, and giggling.

Sigh. Thus is the life of a nursing toddler and the many things he may or may not get to drink during any given day.

~~~~~~~~

He is also learning German. Now you all get to say things like "Wow, what an amazing Mom!"

However that isn't why he is learning German words along with English. The neighbor is teaching her dog, and she is often heard in the back yard saying things like "Nein!" (no) and "Seitz" (sit)... he just came over here and yelled "Nein!" when I took the DVD he had away. lol... Is he brilliant... or has the brain of a German Shepard.

No comments: