Sunday, September 13, 2009

Book pick of the week ~ A Hole Is To Dig

With the start of the school year starts another round of book picks! :) I love books but with the move, they have ended up being one of the very few things that are still in boxes. The other night I was with a friend at the book store and saw "The Night Kitchen" by Maruice Sendak, whom I have loved since I was a kid. It made me glance at his other books, and the only one that I didn't own as a child was "A Hole is to Dig" It was written by Ruth Krauss and illustrated by Maurice Sendak, so I am guessing that is why we didn't own it. I picked it up and started reading... and haven't been able to stop laughing about it since!!

This book is filled with funny little definitions and pictures. Definitions that a two year old could completely relate to. This is my favorite page:

That little bit in the bottom left says "A floor is so you don't fall into the hole that your house is in."


The entire book is filled with these sweet little definitions. I have read it to my kids, to my husband, and now my daughter is reading it to me. If you can, put it on your kid library list. It will give you a chuckle...

No comments: