Sunday, October 3, 2010

Apple Taste Test Graph

Fall around here means pumpkins... but it also means Apples! (We do live in Washington, after all.) So we decided to do our own little taste test of all the different apples we could find. Some came from our CSA box, some came from the market, and the rest came from the grocery store. As much as I would love to say we were able to take an apple from our own trees... the only tree that produced any apples this year is not ready for harvest yet. The Florina Apple tree still has green on her apples (they are a dark blush apple with white dots when ripe) and so we will have to add this to the taste test another day.

I made a graph so Cyan could write down our like of each variety in a number between 1-10. I let Logan just do faces as the number system was a bit beyond him.

Our favorites seem to be Fujis, Galas, and one I hadn't heard of before called "Jazz".

After we were done with the taste test, I allowed a little bit of taste bud redirection with a tiny yummy cup of caramel sauce to dip the leftover pieces in.

I think I may have ruined dinner! Eeeek!

signature

No comments: