Thursday, September 1, 2011

This post is brought to you by the letter Dd!

For the start of the Letter Dd I had some fun things up my sleeve! 

In box #1 he had a dinosaur bingo game that I made up.  He got to play it with his sister this time! 

_MG_2493

Because of the age difference, their pages looked entirely different. His had numbers to identify while hers had simple division and multiplication problems to solve for the same numbers. 

_MG_2492

I am going to be doing this again. This was great for both of them and they loved having something they could do together.

In box #2 there were the Montessori sandpaper letters and the letter Dd sound tub from Lakeshore Learning.

_MG_2494

Box #3 was a set of number recognition activities with little Dd is for Dinosaurs!

_MG_2495_MG_2508

Box #4 was a bead sequencing activity from Lakeshore Learning.

_MG_2497_MG_2507

Box #5 was a Dinosaur mat!  On the back of this mat there is a spot to invent your own dinosaur!  He loves anything with dry erase markers so this was a hit.

_MG_2498

Box #6 was a metal Montessori shape matching activity.

_MG_2501_MG_2514

Box #7 was a letter copying activity using the idea from here.

_MG_2502_MG_2516

Box #8 was a coloring activity which will be turned into matching cards as soon as I can get my hands on a laminator. Smile

_MG_2503

Box #9 was Boggle Jr.  Once again, I only use this game as a matching activity, although this time he enjoyed using the timer.  Smile

_MG_2504

Box #10 was the Leapfrog Letter Factory fridge letters with the letter Dd added in and then he got to watch the Letter Factory in the DVD player. 

_MG_2505

It was a good school day! 

(All these dino printouts have been in Logan’s file for school since long before we started this curriculum, so I don’t have any links.  I’m sorry!  I do know that finding dino stuff just from a simple Google search was all I did the first time and I found all I used here and more!  Winking smile)

No comments: