Sunday, June 14, 2009

New coat rack. Ready for lunch?

A lot of changes have been going on here in the Rose Garden. It is amazing to be in this new house. We have put our weekends to work lately, fixing up and updating the spaces. Mainly the homeschool room. :) I can't wait to share it with you all. It should be done tomorrow. *Glee*

Other things that happen a week after I move, because I have been in the house long enough to know where I want them to be:
  • Put up pictures.
  • Hang hooks.
  • Add book shelves
  • Unpack those final boxes on to those bookshelves

It feels so good to be here. The last house was so horrible and falling down around our ears. As we update and start to use this one, I realise how much stewardship and caring for a house really means. Getting the job done right is really important to how a house feels, and how it performs as well. In the other house, every time we opened a cabinet, or the dishwasher, or went to the bathroom, or took a bath, we were reminded that the house wasn't taken care of. Now it is just the opposite. This house was loved and taken care of WELL. The laundry room actually is set up so that our dryer works better than ever before (clean dryer vents make a HUGE difference in how your well your dryer dries.)... which is wonderful considering I have had to do 9 loads of laundry since we hooked it up on Friday afternoon.

Ok... on to the things that have to do with homeschool:

Well, sort of. I picked up these three lunch bags while looking for red appliances (which I didn't get) with my friend Sarah. We thought they would fit the kids bento lunch stuff perfectly... and they do! In this, I can have a small tin of snacks, and a whole tiffin tin filled with their lunch, along with their water bottle. It is perfect! I think the best part is that these bags are made for reusing, so they are pretty sturdy and they only cost $4 a piece (they are gift bags from Target).

My beautiful coat wrack. I have to say that I am addicted to hooks. I just think they make everything in the house look nice (ie: up off the floor, which is 'nice' to me).

That isn't the only update we have done this week!! Can anyone guess what this is???

I'll give you a hint. It used to be very dark brown.

2 comments:

sarah in the woods said...

Your racks and bags look great. Nice colors.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Yay for Target!! I've never seen those there, but now I'm going to be looking for them because they are so spiffy looking. I love it!